The Wheel Alignment Process
When you bring your car into our King’s Lynn workshop for wheel alignment, we will carry out a series of pre-alignment checks before we begin, to ensure that your car is fit for alignment.
Some of these checks include:
- Checking the tyre pressure to ensure it is not too high or low, which can affect the car’s handling and the wear and tear rate of the tyres.
- We will also spend some time checking the tyre wear as this can actually tell us a lot about the alignment of your car’s wheels. For example, if we can see your types are more worn on one side, then we know that the alignment of your wheels is out! The wear and tear of your tyres will also tell us if your tyres are legal!
- We will also check that your steering and suspension components are not showing too many signs of wear and tear
When we have performed our pre-alignment checks we will begin the process of aligning your car’s wheels.
There are several steps to wheel alignment
- We start by putting your car’s make, model and manufacturer details into the HUNTER 3D system
- The HUNTER 3D machine then notifies us of any manufacturer specification requirements set out, such as vehicle ride height before we begin
- After attaching some special clamps to your wheels, we will carry out a series of tests on the machine to take into account any errors in the wheel rims or the positioning of the wheel targets (this will help ensure our readings are as accurate as possible).
- We can now calculate the alignment of each wheel, in 3-dimensional readings.
- We move the wheels in the directions as directed by the Hunter 3D to help the HUNTER produce the final readings
- The final readings are then printed out and we will show and explain these to you
- If alignment is needed we will carefully carry this out after selecting the wheels that need alignment on the computer screen. This allows us to see the new wheel alignment position live as we carry out the work.
- Once the angles of our alignment are within the manufacturer’s specification, we are done!
- After all of the adjustments are completed, a second set of results will be printed out and your car will be ready to drive off!
Our wheel alignment service is suitable for all types of vehicles and cars, from performance vehicles such as BMW M or Porsche to a family car. If you would like any more information or would like to get your car booked in for wheel alignment or suspension setup, just get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Looking for Suspension Parts?
We also stock a wide range of suspension parts including shock absorbers and suspension kits in our performance parts shop.
Our range includes some of the best brands from KW Suspension and Intrax to Bilstein Suspension, compatible with most performance cars including BMW, MINI and more.