Bilstein B14 – PSS
Sport makes you flexible.
With the BILSTEIN B14 threaded ride height, adjustable kit was bringing technology from the race track onto the street.
The product benefits at a glance:
- Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles, while installing
- Lowering of approx. 30-50 mm at front and rear
- Road-tested by BILSTEIN under motor sports conditions and fine-tuned
- Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminium alloy
- Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology® for long-lasting corrosion resistance
- Round threads for ease of adjustment
- Quality sport springs made from a highly durable material
- BILSTEIN gas pressure technology
- BILSTEIN mono-tube/Upside-Down technology, made in Germany
- German TÜV certificate
20,832 kilometres through the ‘Grüne Hölle’: like subjecting a suspension to a Hamburg-Munich trip every day for a year, only faster! Some combinations are simply unbeatable. Take, for example, the “Genius on wheels” plus the “Grüne Hölle”: Walter Röhrl on the Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.
Both the Nürburgring and the test centre in Papenburg offer us the ideal opportunity to carry out extensive tests using a variety of vehicles with different loads. High speed, cobblestones, rain – you can be sure that a BILSTEIN suspension unit meets the toughest demands. After all, it’s already been through hell.
Gas Pressure Technology
Over time, the mono-tube gas pressure technology developed by BILSTEIN has established itself as a standard in automotive construction. This technology involves keeping the oil in the absorber under pressure, which prevents it from foaming when temperatures and loads are increasing. As a result, full damping power is retained even when the system is placed under extreme stress, a feature that can be observed in the self-lowering piston.
- Ensures a high level of traction and more precise handling
- A must-have for powerful sport suspensions
- Added safety in all dynamic driving situations
BILSTEIN´s mono-tube technology
The original and best: The original mono-tube gas pressure shock absorbers bore the BILSTEIN name, and we’re still responsible for producing the best there is. BILSTEIN’s mono-tube technology is the number-one choice in motorsports and series-production sports cars: no other type gives engineers the same freedom to choose the perfect installation location or position (e.g. Upside-Down technology).
- Large effective surface on the working piston creates increased damping power and better handling
- Improved dissipation of thermal energy outwards enables a consistently high level of absorber performance
- Sturdy structure for added safety in Upside-Down Technology
When it comes to lowering, not only must the vehicle’s character be kept in mind, but the driver’s too. A multitude of tests involving a wide variety of equipment helps our test engineers determine what the perfect lowering height should be. During this process, we consider aerodynamics, residual spring travel, driving characteristics, comfort, suitability for everyday use, behaviour in limited applications, and aesthetics. This gives rise to our three tenets of lowering.
Road-Tested by BILSTEIN
To achieve that celebrated BILSTEIN driving experience, our BILSTEIN engineers rely on not only technology that is truly at the cutting edge, but also something that has withstood the test of time: how it feels to the driver. As a result, all of our high-performance absorbers, as well as our sport suspensions and threaded ride height adjustable kits, undergo a rigorous testing programme.
On the Nürburgring and in our own test centre at the Papenburg test track, our drivers test how balanced the driving characteristics of various vehicles are in a variety of different driving situations. Only when they have passed this programme of tests with distinction are they allowed to bear the BILSTEIN name. This way, we can guarantee that celebrated BILSTEIN driving experience.
BILSTEIN round threads
To ensure that you can fine-tune your vehicle exactly how you want it, our threaded ride height adjustable kits are easy to adjust – even when they’re installed. Allowing you to find the perfect balance for your vehicle.
- The special thread has no sharp edges that could be open to aggressive environmental influences
- The secured aluminium spring plates ensure the utmost level of safety
- The right hook spanners are provided in the scope of supply
Our 3-layer coating system, developed especially with threaded ride height adjustable kits in mind, guarantees high-quality, enduring corrosion protection. Coating 1: The special zinc alloy ensures excellent adherence to the base material, and forms the basis for longlasting corrosion protection. Coating 2: The middle coating transforms the zinc layer into a closed-formation, homogenous surface. Coating 3: Not only is the top coat aesthetically pleasing, it also provides additional, long-term protection against mechanical wear and corrosion. Endurance tests to DIN 50021 SS also testify to this:
Threaded Body Adjustable Range
Just as no two vehicles are the same, each driver has their own unique style too. As a result, our threaded ride height adjustable kits even enable you to alter the height of your vehicle when they are installed.
- Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminium alloy ensure maximum stability at a minimum weight
- Specially developed round threads and coating technology for easy adjustment by up to 20 mm; with German TÜV certificate
- Perfect pre-tensioning of sport springs made from highly durable material, at each setting and in every situation, for solid driving characteristics
Option of making settings while kit is installed, by simply turning the adjustment wheel on the absorber
|BMW||5 (E60)||520 d||07/05 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||520 i||07/03 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||523 i||07/05 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||525 d||06/04 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||525 i||07/03 – 12/09|
|BMW||5 (E60)||528 i||09/07 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||530 d||07/03 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||530 i||09/07 – 12/09|
|BMW||5 (E60)||535 d||09/04 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||540 i||07/05 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||545 i||09/03 – 03/10|
|BMW||5 (E60)||550 i||07/05 – 03/10|